Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday at Home

Church was really good again today. Our anthem was super! The sermon was wonderful! Even the cookies looked good! Our friends, Jim and Janice, even came to church. He always says that the roof will cave in if he comes, but it didn't!! Hopefully they'll come again next week!

After church we came home to get ready to go to Waterloo again. I decided that maybe this painting expedition should be a bonding time for Dave and Bryan, so I stayed home. I had a good day even though I was alone again. I watched the NASCAR race - it was kind of boring as races go...I think there were only 4 cautions. It wasn't a good day for the Hendrick Motor Sports racing team either. Jeff got 11th, Jimmy got 2nd, Junior was 3 laps down at one point, and Mark Martin didn't do well either. I didn't want Jimmy to win, but I'd rather have him win than Kyle Busch and Kyle won today. Oh well, there's always next Sunday!

A couple of months ago I subscribed to Games magazine as one of the fund-raisers for Kelly and Megan. I worked on puzzles for a lot of the day. I went outside at one point and tore down a robin's nest that she was building in my wreath. Within minutes she'd started all over, so I guess I'll just let her build up there. I did enjoy watching the baby robins last year, so I'm sure I will again this year. It's just that I put a new wreath out this year and I didn't want it dirtied up! Then tonight was the final episode of two of my favorite shows - Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters. Both were really good episodes and as usual, B&S made me cry! They killed off Robert, who is played by Rob Lowe. I had read that he wasn't coming back next season, but I didn't think they'd kill him tonight already! He's turned into a very good actor. I'll miss him.

Since I'm up past my bedtime, I guess I'd better go to bed. Dave stayed in Waterloo and will start home early in the morning, so I'm baching it tonight! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...