Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday's Thoughts

What can I say about today? I can tell you that it turned into an almost perfect day!! It didn't start out so well though! We got up early today so we could go to the park and have pancakes that were being served by the noon Lions or Kiwanis (anyway one of those groups!) and they were wonderful. But we went in the rain! In fact, we got another inch of rain overnight and this morning. We had planned to leave the pancake breakfast and go to Albia to the car show. Well, we did! It had pretty much stopped raining by the time we left, but we still had wet roads to contend with. Wet roads mean that you have to clean your car when you get to the show, and that we did! Since we really hadn't shown the cars for a while, it was kind of fun. Dave is faster than I am, so he cleaned his (the purple Charger) and the top of mine while I cleaned the bottom and the the chrome in the engine compartment and the grill. As it turned out, it was pretty darned hot in Albia! In fact, at 3:00 when they gave away the prizes, it was 94 degrees with a heat index of 102. The group that puts on the show does all of the judging and they give away 20 plaques. Dave got one this year and I didn't. One of the guys on the committee told Dave that one of the three special plaques came down to two cars - mine and a beautiful 1951 Buick. I lost out - they chose the Buick over my car. It was okay though, because I figured they remembered that I'd won won of the three special plaques last year! The Vintage Cruisers were well represented at the show. In fact, we won the $100 for having the most participants. The Drifters (the other club in town) got 2nd place in club participation. We also won an oil change and a $25 O'Reilly's gift card. It was a fun day!!

When we got back into Ottumwa, Dave and I drove over to the Rock & Roll Dairy Barn and got us hot fudge sundaes...that was our supper! It was just a sundae kind of Saturday if you know what I mean. Dave then went on his little Ruckus over to see what had gotten done on the Habitat house and came home, loaded the lawn mower, and mowed the church yard and the Habitat house on Lincoln. He said that there was no rest for the wicked! Bless his heart! He's such a good man! Now he's sleeping in his chair! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...