Sunday, June 27, 2010

Super Sunday

I know it's not Super BOWL Sunday, but it was a Super Sunday anyway!! When we got up it was raining, but by the time I left for church it had stopped and the sun was out. Church was wonderful today. Our regular substitute pastor (Brian) gave a good sermon and Gail & Kari were back to play the piano and organ! Wow - our church was rockin' today! They both really feel their music and it shows!! Thank you Gail & Kari!!

When we got home from church we read the paper and got dinner ready...then we both took naps. I watched a lot of the race, then I fell asleep and woke up just as it was over. I'm so sick of Jimmie Johnson winning, but it was a good day for the Hendrick boys! When I woke up Dave was outside pulling weeds from the perennial gardens. Sometimes he gets carried away, but they really look good. He put down some more mulch on the west side of the house. Tomorrow he's going to finish the southeast garden. We were outside pulling weeds this evening, but the mosquitoes kept wanting to fly up my nose, so I came in. I did, however, need to tell Dave what was a flower and what he could pull! I love the Siberian iris, but boy are they invasive...they just take over completely. I told Dave he could pull up a lot of them!

Here's a picture of the purse I made. I wanted to wait until I got the button on the tab before I took the picture. It's a cool bag, I think! Not such a cool picture, however! I didn't pay much attention to my background - sorry! I've got an X-Bag cut out ready to start sewing together. Actually the first step is ironing all the interfacing on to each piece, then I can sew it together! It's going to be chartreuse and black! I hope this sewing will keep me away from the computer a bit! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...