Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thursday

When did we ever have time to work??? We were busy all day today! Dave didn't go to church to work this morning because his working buddy had a bike ride this morning so he couldn't be there. So Dave worked out in the garage and then he went out looking at mopeds! He's got it in his mind that a moped would be perfect for him to tool around town on. I'm not so sure about that, but he used a whole tank of gas last week in his pickup and he didn't go anywhere to speak of.

I went to work out and when I got home he was getting dinner ready. We usually have our menu planned out so it wasn't too hard for him. Anyway, we had lunch and then while he took his nap I played on Facebook. Then we started moving the tomato plants to the fenced in back yard because last night one of our dear deer was actually up on the front porch to eat my pansies - he/she actually stepped in one of my flower pots on the porch - there's a deer print in the dirt!! The pansies needed to be dead-headed anyway, but I'd prefer to do it rather than having the deer do it! I figure tonight they will be back to get the tomatoes, but we fooled them! Now, if they want the tomatoes, they'll have to jump the fence! We also put cages around all the tomatoes and even put special cages around the hibiscus plants...usually we just tie them up with panty hose, but we'll see if these little apparati work! I also cut bushes out of my perennial gardens and pulled weeds and Dave washed both my car and his truck! We were busy!

Speaking of animals, we have babies!! There are at least 2 baby robins in our nest...there's still one egg left, so we'll check tomorrow again to see if it's hatched. I'll be glad when they're gone because I feel very guilty when I go out the main door - I hate disturbing mama robin!

Tonight we went to Fairfield for my friend Chris' dad's visitation. Her mom just died in July and now her dad died. I'll go back tomorrow morning for the funeral. She's an only child and I feel bad for her. She's got a house-full of things to get ready for an auction in September and since her husband has Parkinson's and her daughter lives in the D.C. area, she basically has no help. Maybe she'll let us come help her. I hope so.

That's all for tonight - more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...