Sunday, June 6, 2010

We have...



babies!!!! I know they don't look like much, but I think they're "kind-of" cute!?! I took this Friday evening and then my blogger wouldn't work, so I didn't get to post the picture. I'll try to get another picture tomorrow, but today I'm just too tired to go to the hassle of trying! On Friday, they were just little blobs; now I can see their beaks above the top of the nest!!

I left Ottumwa at 6:30 Saturday morning to go to Des Moines for the 141st PEO Iowa State convention - 699 women in the same room! It was a good convention. Only had one or two "discussions" on the amendments this year. I thought our keynote speaker was a little boring and I got VERY tired of sitting!! This morning I awoke at 5:38 and just snoozed off and on until about 7:00 when the alarm was scheduled to go off. So, as you can tell, I haven't had a lot of sleep. It was fun seeing the little gal I sat by last year. She's so much more confident this year. I saw Sally (from Fairfield) and Jan (who used to be Janice Davisson). I also met some very nice and fun ladies from Des Moines, Monticello, Davenport, Winfield, Red Oak, and Bellevue as well as several others whose home towns elude me! Liz Garrels was the rep from International and I love hearing her speak. She also was there today to install next year's officers. She is just soooo impressive! Yesterday's meetings went from 9:00 to about 4:00 and then from 6:30 to 9:00. Today's went from 8:30 to about 11:15.

Last time Dave and I were in Des Moines, someone told us that odd streets bring you into the downtown area and even streets take you out. This was a wonderful thing to remember - I was able to get out of downtown in about 5 minutes! So slick, now that I know that!

When I got home today, Bryan was still here. He and Dave painted the guest bathroom. It is really pretty! Unfortunately, now I need a new shower curtain in there. The old one just looks...old!

This is an extremely busy week. Alllison plays ball 3x this week and I work at the Dahlonega precinct on Tuesday (from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM)!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...