Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday the 9th of July

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood!! I didn't have much on the agenda today so I was kind of slow getting around this morning. I got up at my usual time - 7:17 am, but I just fiddled around until about 10:00. Then I got ready for the luncheon that I had today. I was meeting with 3 of my PEO sisters and two prospective sisters at the club at noon. I was to pick up Kathy at 11:45, so about 11:25 I started to grab my purse and take off. In the kitchen, I happened to glance at the clock and it said 11:48!! I hate being late! So I sped out to Kathy's place and picked her up. We, of course, were the last ones to arrive. Anyway, the luncheon was very nice. It was really nice to get to know the two prospective members and they're both going to be new members of our chapter!! We were hoping to initiate them in August, but they're both going to be gone in August, so we'll do it September 17th. Unfortunately, I won't be at the September 17th meeting; I'll be in Texas visiting my niece.

After lunch, I came home with the intent of taking a short nap. That didn't happen!! Dave and I went out to run errands. We got home about 4:15 and my brother called to remind us that tonight was $3 bloody Mary night at the club, so we got ready and went back to the club for dinner! We sat with Bob & Ann and their friends - oh my gosh, did we ever laugh! The six of them sure have a great time together! Seven couples of them are renting a bus tomorrow and going to Des Moines to see the Jersey Boys. After the afternoon performance they're having dinner at the Raccoon River Brewing Company and then coming home. Doesn't that sound like fun? I wish we had friends to do those things with! Maybe someday they'll adopt us!!

Tomorrow is an exciting day. We get to meet our new pastor and his wife at a reception in their honor. We're looking forward to it. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...