Thursday, July 8, 2010

Full moon?????

This was one of those days!! Is there a full moon out?? I woke up at 4:00 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep - this after not sleeping well for the past 2 nights! So I got up at 6:15 or so when Dave got out of the shower. I had an MRI appointment at 8:45 and I thought I'd have my xray AFTER I did the MRI. I went out to the clinic about 8:20 because there's always paperwork to complete. The lady at the desk told me that she was having trouble getting the machine to stay running - there was 70% humidity in the control room and it didn't like humidity! So, I went to get my xray first. That was relatively painless! The tech did tell me that there appeared to be a compression of two vertebra. He wondered if I'd had any other xrays there. Since I'd had a chest xray not too long ago, he was going to get it and compare the looks of those vertebra. So, that being taken care of, I headed back upstairs to have my MRI. It appeared to be running okay so we started! She got the first scan to go (it was only about 1 minute) and then it quit. So she pulled me out and started the machine again. This time we got the first 3 scans done (about 15 minutes worth!). It quit again. So we decided to try again another day. I still had 3 more scans to go and they were all about 12 minutes long!! Now we have to start all over because there's no way she'll be able to get me in exactly the same position as today - yuck!!

After all of this, Dave and I went to Fairfield to have lunch with some of my high school friends. It's always a good time - lots of reminiscing and catching up with old friends!!

I'm sure hoping I can sleep tonight - I'm tired of having dreams about MRI machines!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...