Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday

Tuesdays just shouldn't be this busy! This morning, Dave and I had to be at Forest Lake Camp to prepare and serve lunch to a group of 33 girls and their counselors. These girls all come from homes where at least one of their parents is incarcerated. They're from all around the state - Fort Dodge, Des Moines, Sioux City, Waterloo and range in age from 13 to 18. There are 6 counselors and a kitchen helper (thank goodness!) I thought it was ridiculous to get there at 10:30, but it's a good thing we did. We had hot dogs to cook, baked beans to fix, a pasta salad to prepare, watermelon to cut into chunks, carrots to wash, dishes to do, etc., etc., etc. Then when we thought we were done preparing the food, we fixed 2 huge trays of spaghetti casserole for tonight's meal. We've got to be there at 10:30 again tomorrow too. Tomorrow is the girls' big day as it's the last full day at camp...I think we're doing chicken & noodles for lunch. We weren't done cleaning up and doing dishes at 1:35 when I had to leave to get to my physical therapy appointment at 2:00! I left Dave there, so he got a ride back into town with Jan.

Physical therapy was very interesting! We are going to be trying to improve my core muscles (abdominals) so that the pressure will be taken off of my spine. I had Amy today. Amy told me to lay off of Lady Fit for a couple of weeks until they get some of the pain under control. I go back again tomorrow with Michelle at 3:15. I was given a set of exercises to do tonight and in the morning. After I did these this afternoon, though, I was beat. I came home and took a nap. My back muscles really hurt today - part of it could be because of standing from 10:30 until 1:30!! Oh well, this too shall pass! When I got home this afternoon about 3:30, Dave was mowing the yard...it seems he was locked out of the house!! Good thing he could get into the shed to get the lawnmower out!!

I guess I don't have much to day tonight. My computer is really slow tonight - aarrrgh!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...