Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday Again

Wednesday has come and gone and boy was it a busy one! This morning we again went to Forest Lake Camp to prepare lunch for the Angel Tree girls. Thank goodness there were 3 more of us than yesterday. When we got there at 10:30 they were preparing catfish fillets and they had just finished shucking corn for corn-on-the-cob. It was already about 90 degrees in the kitchen and it was pure action everywhere. By 11:00 we were cooking corn, frying catfish, making a sweet potato casserole for tonight, making hash brown casserole for tonight, getting tonight's dessert started, doing dishes, cleaning tables, setting out glasses and silverware, etc. Busy, busy, busy!! We cooked so much corn and so much fish that we could have fed another 25 people! Plus, we put out the leftover spaghetti casserole as well as baked beans, pasta salad, carrots, applesauce, and leftover cake and blueberry cobbler! These girls ate well, let me tell you! In fact, some of the littlest girls ate 3 catfish fillets and came back for more! I was surprised.

I left the camp at 1:30 and Dave stayed until about 2:30 - they were doing dishes and I was getting pretty sore just standing around. So I came home and put heat on my back until it was time to leave for physical therapy at 3:15. Today at PT I did all of the exercises she gave me yesterday, plus a new exercise, and then I had an ultrasound treatment and a massage on the tender area around my compressed vertebra.

Then at 5:30 I had an evangelism meeting at church. There were only four of us there tonight, but we still got quite a lot accomplished. Oh wait, there were 5 of us there - Pastor Sara had brought her 12-year-old dog, Mitzi, with her to work today. So Mitzi sat in on the meeting - right by my feet!

My email is down again today. I guess I'll be calling Cliff first thing in the morning. I'm sure glad I have his cell phone number. The internet is working fine, but no email since 7:00 this morning! I used to always be able to get in through the Affinity website, but now that this new company has taken over, I can't do that either. Grrrrr....I don't like not being able to get my email! Hopefully Cliff can help me tomorrow! I can't even send out the minutes from the evangelism meeting tonight. I guess tomorrow is another day! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...