Thursday, July 22, 2010

What Can I Say!

Today I (along with 2 of my high school classmates) went to Chris' folks' house to help her wash crystal and depression glass. Wow! Chris has a horrible job ahead of her. Chris' mom and dad both passed away in the last year and her mom was a collector of dishes, linens, utensils, antiques, etc. Since Chris is an only child, all of the sorting and getting ready for an auction is Chris' responsibility. I would be absolutely overwhelmed if I were her. She has already gone through and packed at least 100 boxes for the auction, and I'd say conservatively there are that many more. We were so lucky when we had the sale at the acreage, there was Bob, Ann, Mom, Dave and me to do the sorting and boxing. Sometimes I get mad at my brother, but I'm sure glad I'm not an only child! This auction will be a hellacious auction!! I sure hope the auctioneer does some statewide or nationwide advertising...because there are some wonderful pieces in the house.

After I got home, I rested for a while. Dave wanted to take a nap, so I went upstairs to lie down because that straightens my back out better than sitting in my recliner. I read for about 45 minutes, then closed my eyes for about 15 more. When I got up, we picked my one ripe tomato and Dave went to church to mow. I arranged for us to rent a condo in November/December. It's 1/2 block from the ocean on 13th Street in Pompano Beach. It's got a neighbor on one side, but from the way it looks and sounds it's like a duplex. I'm really looking forward to it now. This condo has all been remodeled and she told me if we got there and didn't like it, there wouldn't be any problem. We'll have it until 10:00 AM on the 18th of December! There's a queen sleeper sofa and a rollaway, so Bryan can stay with us and hopefully Maury and Roberta can come over while Bryan's there too.

Tomorrow's a busy, busy day. I have an 8:00 PT appointment and then we make cards at 9:30. Tomorrow evening is a cruise-in at South HyVee which our car club sponsors. Should be a fun day!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...