Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bad News at the Dentist

I finally got up my courage yesterday and made a dentist appointment to find out what was going on with one of the crowns in my mouth. I didn't dream I would be able to get in today! So this morning, I went to see Dr. Tom. After they took xrays, he poked me with a little hook like thingie and then told me the bad news. He's 99.9% sure that my root is fractured! This is NOT good news! That means I have to have the tooth pulled and you know what a wuss I am about having teeth pulled. So he tells me all of my options for after I have the extraction - an implant, a bridge, or a hole where the tooth used to be! So I get tears in my eyes and the only thing I can think of is going to see my football players in November with a big hole where a tooth used to be! I tell him about this "visual" and he asked when I was seeing my players, so I told him November 20th. He was pretty sure that if I got the tooth pulled right away we can have a tooth in the spot where the bad one is now. Then he talked to me about options 1 and 2...option 3 is not an option to me. Since the implant takes longer to heal and costs more, I am choosing a bridge. With all of that decided, we go out to have his receptionist make an appointment for me. Turns out I can get it pulled at 9:20 in the morning!!! OMGosh! I guess I'll just take a tranquilizer when we get to the fairgrounds. Since the dentist is in the Jordan Creek area, that should be about enough time for the tranquilizer to start working and then just maybe I won't be a blubbering idiot!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...