Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Beginning Day

Today was the beginning of another Beta Sigma Phi year for our chapter - Alpha Theta Master. We had a wonderful supper tonight, with 4-5 different salads topped off with Graham's ice cream for dessert! Everyone was there except for Mary Etta, which is pretty darn good for all of us! Next Tuesday the meeting is here at our house, and I know of at least 8 people who will not be here. That leaves 11 of us, so my living room won't be too crowded!! Should be fun if I don't forget that I have the meeting - which has been known to happen!

I've decided to share a couple of cards with you tonight. These are cards that we made at our fourth Friday card club. The lady who demonstrated these cards also supplied the materials, so I have no idea what came from where. This first one (sorry for the bad photographs) is made from a craft-like paper, with stamping in the background. Then we embossed the flower image over that. She had pre-embossed the butterflies, so all we had to do was cut them out and put them on with a dimensional. Pretty cool card, I think!This is a card I made using some scraps that I had laying around. The plaid paper is from a Designs With a View paper pad called Sweet or Sweetness, something like that. All of the rest of the paper is from Stampin' Up. The stamp is a JustRite stamp. This card is MUCH prettier in person. These colors are really pretty together.
I did go to physical therapy today. He worked on my puraformis muscles for about 15 minutes and then said that he couldn't find any knots! So I didn't get my money's worth today! He also told me I could go back to Lady Fit, so I think I'll try that tomorrow morning. We'll see how I get along. Then Thursday morning I have my last PT appointment! I'm sad - it's pretty cool getting a massage at least 2x a week, sometimes 3x! But, I guess all good things must end.

Dave and I worked on a budget today - that is not fun! We've never ever worried about where money was coming from, but now that we don't have his salary, we have to think about some of these things. I think he should just go back to work!! That would solve everything! Feel free to let me know if you would like to hire him!! Haha!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...