Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Yeah!! I went back to Lady Fit today and did a complete 3 circuit workout. I could sure tell that I hadn't worked out for two months! By the time I was two laps into the circuit I was getting pretty tired, but somehow I found the strength to continue. I was able to complete the workout and this evening I feel pretty good. I was a little concerned about how much I should do on a couple of the stations, but by the third round I was doing fine. I did, however, take a nap this afternoon!

Dave and I went to the movies in our own home tonight. A few weeks ago we watched The DaVinci Code and tonight we watched Angels and Demons, another movie based on a book by Dan Brown and directed by Ron Howard. Tom Hanks starred in this one also, as the same character, a professor who is a world-renowned expert on symbols. This too was a fascinating movie! I highly recommend them both! If you've never seen them and want to borrow them from me, you may. We received both of them for Christmas last year.

Here are a couple more cards that I was able to finish the other day. This first one is made entirely of Stampin' Up products - ink, paper, stamps, etc. If you pull up on the flap below the bird, you would be able to write an old fashioned letter inside. It is actually about 4x4 folded, so it can be mailed in a regular A2 envelope. I like it because you can use several scraps of paper and it's really quite clever!
This is another card made from Stampin' Up products. I love their card stock and paper, plus everything matches - the inks, the paper, the card stock, etc. This card ends up being 5 1/4 x 4 1/2, just like a "normal" card, but it has some different folds to it. I'm sorry that the picture doesn't do a lot of justice to the card. The paper is very pretty in real life.
I am very sad tonight. I'm pretty sure that the hummingbirds have left for parts South. I haven't seen one either today or yesterday. I guess they could still be here, but usually I see them every 15-20 minutes and I didn't have any visitors to the feeder while I was at the computer today or yesterday. I hope they find us when they return in April!! Bon Voyage, my little feathered friends...safe journey! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...