Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fun Thursday

Today was a great day! I started off with physical therapy at 8:00 AM! It's really a super way to start your day! Then I came home for a little while. About 9:50 I took off for Fairfield to pick up Sudi and Chris. We took the day off from packing dishes and went to the Dutchman's Store in Cantril instead. What a treat. It's always fun to step back in time at this "general" store. Shortly after we got there, Rita joined us. We went through every aisle with a fine-toothed comb and picked up lots of bargains! Peaches were just 69 cents a pound - why do you suppose they are $1.99 a pound at HyVee??? These are really good peaches. I ate one tonight - lots of juice and it just fell off the pit! These were Illinois peaches. The Georgia peaches which are supposed to be the best in the country, were 89 cents a pound. I don't know, however, how they could be any better than the one I ate this evening!

After we were done shopping, we went back to Keosauqua for lunch. Went to a place called "Cups and Cakes" (I think!). It was a very good place to eat! We were able to get a lunch that didn't weigh us down!! The only bad part about the place was that the air conditioner just wasn't keeping up with the excessive heat we had today! When I was driving back to O-town after returning Chris & Sudi to Fairfield, my car thermometer said it was 95 degrees!

I've decided that the men in my life - namely my husband and my brother (as well as my niece's husband) aren't very smart! Dave mowed our yard and the church yard, plus trimmed in this excessive heat. Even worse, my brother and Rhonda's husband played 27 holes of golf today. What idiots they all are! I guess they didn't hear the excessive heat warning!!! Bob says they're just tough and that I'm a wuss!

I didn't get home until about 4:00 and Dave was just getting done working outside all day. He went upstairs and showered and then a neighbor came over to chat. We were supposed to meet Bob & Ann and Rhonda's family at the Hotel Ottumwa at 5:30 for supper. We got there about 5:35 and the place was packed. Bob said we'd have a hard time finding a table if we were late...well, he was even later. They didn't get there until a few minutes after we arrived! The pizza was great, though, so it was worth it. Rhonda and her family are leaving to go back to Texas early in the morning, so I'm glad we got to be with them again tonight. In about a month, we'll be at their place!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...