Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sad Day in Ames

I'm very sad tonight. Not only is part of Ottumwa flooded, but so is Ames. They are showing pictures on the Weather Channel of the devastation in Ames. Hilton Coliseum (where basketball games are held) has 4-5 feet of water in it. The football stadium is surrounded with water...Highway 30 is closed up there which means traffic has trouble getting around. I talked to Linda tonight to see if Kyle was impacted. His complex doesn't have water in it, but he told her their water had been shut off. His work was also closed because of the flooding. I've seen Ames when it's under water. Back in 1993, Dave and I went to Ames and saw these same areas under water. Of course, Ames has two different waterways - the Skunk and the Squaw, so they get hammered. I guess some areas up there had 7 inches of rain too!

I am just at a loss for words tonight! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...