Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday the 15th of August

This is one of the cards we made yesterday. Isn't it beautiful? The flower is actually 7 punched-out owls, folded with a technique called dahlia folding. All of the papers and ribbons are Stampin' Up. I am not particularly impressed with owl cards, but I love this one! I'll show you other cards later.
We woke up this morning to an absolutely beautiful day. The humidity has come down - yeah!! I love days that are close to 80 degrees, but with low humidity! We went to church as usual. Charlene Hansen played the violin today - wow, that was beautiful! Sara did a great job again. She makes me cry, though! She lost her mentor this week and after having lost her husband just a short time ago, she was feeling a little down. The ironic part was that she was teaching the adult forum on depression this week. I had planned to go to this forum, but after her sermon, there was no way I could have done it. Next Sunday is Sara's last Sunday and we won't be there. I feel bad that we won't be there for her party! She has been wonderful for us. We shall miss her dry sense of humor in both church and in committee meetings!

I watched the NASCAR race today. I was getting pretty excited because Jeff had a great car today and was in 3rd place, reeling in the 2nd place car when he had a tire go down. Darn it anyway - I think he's destined to be a "bridesmaid" this season! At least Jimmie Johnson didn't win!

My little hummers were back again today. It's so much fun to see them! I think they're getting ready for their trip to Central America. They sure are eating a lot!Isn't he pretty? I wish I could have gotten a good picture of him turned around, but the flowers are so tall, he almost blends in with the surroundings. I'll have to take these pictures and see if I can enhance them with Photoshop so he's easier to see! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...