Friday, August 6, 2010

TGIF

What a fun day we had today. I started out at physical therapy at 8:00, but since I felt pretty good this morning even that went well! It went so well that Amy gave me a new exercise to try!

Dave came home from the church about 11:00 and said he was going to Moravia to pick up the GTX and drop off the Charger. I rode along! It was a beautiful day for a cruise! I must admit, however, neither of those cars is very good on a bad back! It was still fun though! We went to the Brick Street bar for lunch. Dave said this one particular burger was good, so we decided to order one and split it. I didn't read the description - he's been there lots of times, so I assumed he knew what he was talking about. When we told them we wanted one of these, they said they'd give us the knife and let us split it because they weren't sure how to do that...that should have been a clue but we were not listening, evidently! So in a little bit here comes our sandwich - it was 2 one-third pound burger patties with 2 cheeses on each, lettuce, tomato, pickle, mustard, onion, ketsup!! Not exactly what WE had in mind. No wonder they wanted us to split it! It was so big you couldn't possibly get your mouth around it!! Next time, we'll read the menu description before we order a sandwich!! I only ate 1 of my half-patties and no bun. There was enough lettuce and tomato on the sandwich that I had a mini salad!! The reason we were splitting the sandwich is because we wanted hot fudge sundaes from the ice cream shop down the street!! We still had our sundaes, but we had small ones instead of mediums like usual. This place has the BEST hot fudge in the country!!

Tonight we had our annual Klyn Automotive cruise-in. We had 55 cars, good music, good weather, and lots of door prizes. We were also able to give away $45 in 50-50 money. Mike Klyn had ordered pizza for everyone...he ordered 35 pizzas!!! Way too many this year. Last year there were more spectators. But in the end, everyone had a wonderful evening!

Tomorrow I get to see my nieces and great nieces! I'm very excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...