Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday, August 17th

Today was another wet, rainy day! At least it was mostly just drizzle - I doubt that we even got 1/2 inch of rain! It was a good day for watching the hummingbirds! At one time today I had two of them hovering over the feeder. Today there was a hummer here about every 5-7 minutes. My camera, however, turns off after 4 minutes! Therefore I didn't get many good pictures. By the time I can get my camera turned on and focused, the hummer is already gone! I wonder why they haven't been at my feeder before now? I've had food out for them all summer!

Tomorrow is State Fair day! Sudi and Howard are going to be here so we can leave at 7:30. We should get to the 4-H building around 9:00. It's supposed to be cooler, so it will be a great day to be at the Fair. We''re supposed to meet Karen, another one of my high school friends, sometime during the day. We'll meet her for lunch if not before! I was thinking maybe we'd go to the Fair, then around 1:00 go up to Ames and eat ribs at Hickory Park. Dave thought this might be a little much. So instead we'll take Sudi and Howard up to Ames another time - maybe we could hit a football game?!!! I wouldn't mind that, definitely! We'll see what they think!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...