Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday the 18th of August

We went to the State Fair today. I loved it - I always love going to the State Fair. It was good being with Sudi and Howard and it was fun to see Karen and her sister too! As usual, the 4H building was fabulous! I can't believe how creative these kids are!! There was wonderful artwork, great photos, super woodworking projects, and fantabulous quilts!! (I know that's not a real word, but I ran out of adjectives!!) The Jacobson Building was great. I can hardly wait to tell my brother about it! I can't even imagine sitting through a horse show, or showing a horse for that matter, in air-conditioned comfort! Wow!!

Sudi and I enjoyed the quilts that were on display. It was a great variety of quilts of different kinds - baby quilts, art quilts, embroidery quilts, applique, kits, etc. There was even a pixellated quilt where the quilter had taken a photograph and pixellated it, then interpreted it in fabric! The little "pixels" were 1/2 inch pieces of fabric and the quilt was at least a queen sized quilt! Sure wouldn't be something I'd want to tackle! The blue ribbon quilts were wonderful. All in all, a beautiful display.

Of course, no State Fair is complete if you don't see the butter cow, the big boar and the big bull! Then after leaving the Fair, we stopped at the Jersey Freeze in Monroe for ice cream. How could a day get any better?!! When we got home, Dave and I both fell asleep in our chairs! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...