Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday the 22nd of October

I didn't start out too well today. I was just lolligagging around about 9:30 this morning, not worrying about getting my shower taken, when the phone rang. I knew it would be Dave because he went to work this morning and I had called him at 7:40 and again at 8:15 and he didn't answer. Wrong! It was Juliene and she wanted to know if my ears burned. I said no and asked if she was talking about me. She asked if I wasn't coming to card club at the church (which started at 9:30!). I said shirt-without-the-r and said I'd be right there. So I went upstairs, washed my face, threw on some clothes and went to card club! I am glad I went because we were making backgrounds using shaving cream and inks. It's a really fun project, but really messy. My hands are still stained from the inks. Hopefully the stains will go away soon!! Here is a sample of some of the backgrounds I made today. This card is one I made this afternoon, using one of the backgrounds that we made today. See all the beautiful colors in the focus paper? It is really pretty...actually it's one that Mary made and gave to me. This is also a stamp that Mary brought with her. But the frames are from papers I had here at home.

I just had to share this picture with you. I have seen pictures of the moon that other people have taken, so I decided to see how good of a picture my camera would take. This was taken last night after I returned from Fairfield (about 10:00 PM). I took my camera and tripod outside and took this shot. I think it's pretty good for a relatively cheap camera!!

Dave finally got home about 6:45 tonight and since the cleaning lady had been here all afternoon and I hadn't cooked anything, we ordered a pizza. We haven't had a Breadeaux pizza for a long time - it was really, really good! I really like Breadeaux because they don't put a ton of tomato sauce on their pizzas!!

That's it for tonight. Dave is working Habitat tomorrow - I guess I'll check my calendar before I go to bed to see if I need to get up and around...I just looked. I have to sing with the choir at a memorial tomorrow afternoon at 1:00. Hope I don't forget!! More later...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Amanda - I've got to try some of your dishes!! They sound wonderful! You're so adventurous!!!

    ReplyDelete

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...