Sunday, October 17, 2010

Gorgeous Day

What a beautiful day we had today. This is what fall weather is supposed to be like!! We went to church this morning and were enthralled by the sermon. Pastor David came in dressed as Bartimaeus - in fact he was shouting out in the foyer that he could see! The whole sermon was a drama about Bartimaeus and his faith that he would get healed from his blindness! It was quite interesting. Prior to that Liz (Pastor's wife) came in dressed as a homeless person who had just visited the church and left her bag in the pew. Someone had written a note on her bag saying "I love you." She was excited that someone, anyone, loved her!! She left the sanctuary singing, "Jesus loves me." I'm sure that everyone in the congregation will remember today and will remember Bartimaeus. I've said all along that Pastor David is going to bring the Bible to life and that's what he's doing!

After lunch, Dave and I went outside and worked on the gardens and yard. We were able to get all of the ceramic decorations, bird baths, and flower pots put away for the winter. Then Dave cut back all the perennials while I drove the tractor and wagon picking up all of the debris. It was a great day to be outside. Now I'm watching "Desperate Housewives" and in a few minutes "Brothers & Sisters". Dave's going to work both Monday and Tuesday this week, so tomorrow I've got some errands to run. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...