Sunday, October 31, 2010

What a Day!

That was such a happy, uplifting day, despite the fact that Dave wasn't there to share it with. Church service was great. Pastor David talked about Jeremiah this morning. He just brings the Bible to life! It's pretty amazing. We sang a beautiful song this morning too - it was a different version of Amazing Grace. We even got applause!! The bell choir rang a wonderful song! Then this afternoon we had the Installation Service for Pastor David. It was a beautiful service. Lots of ministers were featured in the service. The sermon was given by the Phil Barrett of the Des Moines Presbytery of which we are apart. Pastor Sara gave a great charge to the congregation and Pastor Brian gave a great charge to David. We sang two different anthems, both of which were wonderful. PraiSing, which is a group of young ladies in our congregation (ages 14-17) sang too - they have the most beautiful voices! Again it was so uplifting and it's wonderful having Pastor David with us.

I came home after the Installation service and crashed! We sang about 10 songs and that wore me out! Plus, it was so hot in the church that I struggled. I was glad to get home and change clothes! I read for about an hour and then I was refreshed!!

Now I'm watching Desperate Housewives - I wonder how these writers think up some of this dialogue? I can't imagine having an imagination like this. Dave's already gone to bed. He has to be at work at 6:30 in the morning!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...