Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Another Productive Day

I got lots done again today! We're now in the final mode for preparations to go South! Dave finished at work today and came home and announced that HE was in Florida mode NOW!! I made cookies both yesterday and today - about 12 dozen...so the freezer is stocked and we'll even have some to take with us in the car. I made a few more cards today too, plus I got the oil changed and the tires rotated!! I also stopped the mail and the newspaper! Tomorrow I'll be making labels for our Christmas cards and writing our Christmas letter so that when we get to Ft Lauderdale Dave can help me finish up the cards and get them in the mail.

Here are a couple more cards I made. This first one is just using different papers with a Dasher stamp featured in the raised panel in the middle. Both the sentiment and Dasher are from SU, as are all the papers. I like this one, but not as well as some of the others.
This particular card, I LOVE!! The wreath is made with a snowflake stamp!! There's just something about it that I think is great! I could never imagine using a snowflake to make a wreath. I wonder what else you can use a snowflake stamp for. Again the stamps, the paper, and the ribbon are all from SU. I went to choir practice tonight, just so I could get a start on some of the Christmas Eve music that we'll be singing. Plus, I wanted to sing "Blessed Assurance" one more time! This choir can really sing that song!! It will be beautiful! At choir practice, we found out that an old friend who had been a member of our church several years ago and now lives in Colorado, was just diagnosed with a brain tumor. He has just recently gone thru having a hole in his heart repaired. Please keep Terry in your prayers. He has gone through a whole bunch this past year and continues to need our prayers. Thank you!

I'd better quit for tonight. I hear Dave stirring from sleeping in his chair, so I'll be off to bed shortly. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...