Friday, November 12, 2010

Busy Friday!

I don't know if I told you about these two little guys or not...and right now, I'm too lazy to go back and look. I want you to meet Gabriel and Dickens (L-R). Aren't they ;just darling? These are our pastor's two puppies. When I went over to meet them, Gabriel sat on my lap and fell asleep, whereas Dickens was ornerier than the Dickens!! I think they match their names pretty well. However, Pastor David and Liz both say that Gabriel is ornery too. I think they're just darling.
This is what I finally ended up doing with Spiderman. I don't know if you can see them or not, but there are webs scored into the front of the card...and I didn't like the "for you" stamp, so I covered it up with a dialog box with just Danny's name. Sue tells me that Spidey doesn't talk, but this one does!!

I didn't get any more cards uploaded to the computer today. I had a full day. I went to Fairfield for lunch with some of my classmates. Sudi & Howard are taking off in the morning for points south, so this was just a little get together to say goodbye for the winter. They aren't leaving any too soon, because they're now saying that parts of Iowa could get between 6-10 inches of snow tonight and this weekend. I hope it stays up north!! I like snow, but I'm not ready to see any of it yet!!

I also had a couple of errands to run in Fairfield and I went to see my Auntie Mae today. That's always a challenge. When I stopped at the bank in Libertyville, they told me that she might not know me. So I called her before I knocked on her door. She knew me - no problem. After all, I am her namesake! We had a nice little chat, with her fretting over my being out in the rain all by myself. She was also worried about the fact that she talks to herself just to make sure she doesn't lose her voice. The whole time we talked, which was about an hour, she twirled a chunk of her hair around and around her finger. I worry about her. She also doesn't get around quite as well anymore. Her legs are pretty bowed and she's not very steady on her feet...but she told me as I was leaving that we'd have to do this again sometime soon!!

A visit with Mae always wears me out, so I came home and took a nap. Dave got home about the same time I did and he also took a nap. Now he's asleep in his recliner. Bless his heart. He's so tired...90 hour work weeks do that to you! The rain is going to keep him from working tomorrow, and when I asked if he was working Habitat tomorrow he said maybe for a short while. He's going to take it easy this weekend and rest up for our trip in a week!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...