Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sad Saturday!

I was so excited for the football game today. I just knew that ISU could beat Colorado...but then there's that Colorado curse...the rarified air. I have always said that our teams go out there and just look at the scenery - for some reason we play awful in Boulder! Colorado hadn't had a conference win all year...and now they have one. That means we have to play lights out Saturday against Missouri in order to be bowl eligible. That one-point loss to Nebraska looms ever larger! The Hawks got beat by Northwestern too. That's one they should have won also. I guess neither team wanted it bad enough to win. We also may have lost our starting QB...he went down with a knee injury late in the game. I hope it's nothing too serious!

I went to Cantril today to get some tender white Troyer's popcorn for our trip south. It is so good...it's the little white hull-less popcorn that I like so well. The Dutchman's Store was packed today. It was even hard to get up and down the aisles. I ended up leaving my cart in one spot and going down each aisle shopping. On the way home I saw about 12 turkeys in one field and about 5 miles on up the road, I saw a group of probably 30 turkeys!! It was such a miserable day weatherwise that it was fun to see wildlife.

I got all my cards uploaded to my Facebook page today. I hope you'll go on and enjoy them. I'm particularly proud of several of them. Tomorrow is church, Sunday School, the race, a Vintage Cruisers club meeting, Desperate Housewives, and Brothers & Sisters!! Plus I've got to pack everything for Monday morning's PMS card club. Whew!! No nap tomorrow!! More later...

PS - I forgot to tell you what we had for dinner tonight! My friend Amanda has some wonderful ideas on her blog. One of the things Amanda says is just throw things together and try it. So tonight Dave wanted chicken and rice. I took some frozen chicken breasts and baked them for about 40 minutes. Then I took them out, threw away the fat, put some water and diced tomatoes w/chilis and some rice in the dish. Then I stuck the chicken breasts back on top of the rice mixture and baked it some more. It was really good! Thanks for inspiring me, Amanda!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...