Sunday, November 7, 2010

What a Wonderful Day!

Today was an absolutely beautiful fall day! I even put my shorts back on today!! Dave worked though, so it wasn't quite perfect - although he did get home about 5:30, which was a bonus!! Church this morning was great. Pastor David illustrated Jesus' gathering of disciples. Mary Demorest read the scripture, and Pastor David had "planted" disciples in the congregation. As Mary read each name, the disciple stood up and said "Here I am, Lord," or something similar and Pastor David went to pick him up. When the second one was selected, both went to pick him up, etc., until they got to Judas. Since Judas betrayed Him, Jesus then selected another disciple and again David and the other 11 went to pick him up. It was very dramatic. After church, David started a class which is going to explain some of the special things about the Presbyterian religion. I went - I think it'll be really interesting. Unfortunately I'll only get to attend two classes - this week and next.

I made several Christmas cards today. Dave's sleeping right now, or I would scan them into the computer and share them with you. Maybe I'll get them done tomorrow. I was upstairs finishing up a card when Dave came home. He came up to say hi and my Ott light flickered off. That was strange, but I just assumed that the bulbs burned out. Dave went outside to mow the leaves (in the dark). Within minutes after he went outside, he called me to tell me that there was going to be an ambulance pulling up outside...a motorcycle had wrecked in our yard!! He evidently came around the corner too fast or hit some loose gravel or something - anyway he hit the curb and then the electrical pole (that's why my Ott light went out!) He was lying on the ground with a broken arm. So, the ambulance came, along with three police cars and the first responders. All of this drew a crowd, obviously! The motorcyclist turned out to be someone we knew, so he had Dave call his wife. By the time she arrived, there were lots of emergency vehicles, including Alliant Energy! She followed him to the hospital and was going to call his office manager so she could cancel his appointments for tomorrow. He's an eye doctor here in town, so she knew he wouldn't be seeing patients tomorrow. Once the ambulance took him to the hospital and the police all left, Alliant moved in and shut down ALL of our electricity (about half of the house was out) and fixed the lines. They got us going about 45 minutes later. Our house is really dark when there's no electricity in the house!!

Since the electricity was off, I didn't get to see the end of the race today. I had to look up the results online once the electricity came back on. It was sure an interesting race! Jeff Burton wrecked Jeff Gordon. Jeff Gordon took a swing at Jeff Burton and had to be restrained by two NASCAR officials!! Kyle Busch flipped someone off and had to sit in the pits for two laps!! Good race! Lots of fun!!

Oh, I also learned how to tie a beautiful bow for my cards!! Not a bad day! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...