Sunday, January 9, 2011

Another Sunday!

This was another beautiful Sunday! Dave went to church early this morning, so he had Elsie Mae pick me up. We sat down front today because Dave had to give a Minute for Mission about the Habitat house. We had two baptisms this morning and welcomed 2 more new members to church! After that we sang a couple of wonderful praise songs. Karen K. got up and shouted, "I have the Holy Spirit in me!" She and Pastor David had planned a little drama about us getting the fire (the Holy Spirit) and then having someone throw water on our fires to put them out. Well, as it turned out, Pastor David had a bucket of water to throw on Karen, but he switched in (a la the Harlem Globetrotters) and threw the bucket of "water" onto Karen and us because we were in the front row! The "water" was actually styrofoam packing peanuts! The problem with styrofoam peanuts is that they get static electricity really bad in the winter and they were all over us and our pew! Every time I moved, a peanut "jumped" onto my slacks! David's sermon then was about being able to catch the fire and to keep the fire that's in us when others try to put our fires out. It was a very good sermon!

This afternoon Dave and I both took naps and now we're getting ready for bed. I got all of the little notes that we'd accumulated about our Holiday home, typed them onto 2 pages, and was able to make a file to keep all our papers together! That helped my desk a lot! Tomorrow I'll pay a couple of bills, file paperwork, and get ready for two church meetings tomorrow night, as well as one on Tuesday night!
Oh, I almost forgot to show you another Valentine's card I made. This card is made with all SU products. The heart is some of SU's new glitter paper and was punched out with a SU punch. The black frill around the heart is a embosslet from SU, and the two pink papers are both embossed with Sizzix embossing folders only available through SU. The light pink paper was punched with a border punch from SU - if you enlarge this photo, you'll see that the "holes" are actually little hearts! I LOVE this card! You could use this layout for any kind of card - birthday, anniversary, wedding, etc. All you have to do is change out the heart and the Valentine's colors! Cool card!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...