Monday, January 10, 2011

Interesting...

We were supposed to get snow all day today, but the snow didn't start until about 3:00. We have about 2" of new, fluffy, beautiful white snow! We were supposed to get from 2-4" so, I guess the forecasters were right. If they stay correct, we're to get another 1-3" tonight and another 1-3" tomorrow morning. Dave called his cousin in Storm Lake tonight and he said they'd had about 12" of snow so far. Then he called his cousin in Atlanta, GA and he told Dave that they wouldn't be working until Wednesday because of all the snow and ice! I think the only place to be is in Florida where it was in the 70's today! Dave wouldn't even let me drive myself to church tonight...he was worried about my driving in the snow! Since the meeting went long, I got a ride home with a friend. Wendy gunned it going up the big hill - we fishtailed and had a lot of fun on the ride home. I knew she had the vehicle under control, so I wasn't worried. Dave would have been upset if I'd been doing that! I miss having my own vehicle - I kind of like sliding around corners when I'm the only one on the street!!

Bob called tonight to tell us that it didn't rain hard enough today to see if the roof leaked on our new place. So, I guess we'll just have the inspection and worry about the result later! I found out that Paulie (the lady we bought the home from) hadn't had insurance for about 3 years, so maybe we don't need insurance any way!
Here's the last of the Valentine's that we made on Saturday. As per usual, all of the papers and cardstock are from Stampin' Up. We used one of their punches and punched out the hearts, then adhered them to the little circle. We then ran the circle through the Big Shot with a SU embossing folder and the result is what you see - it looks like it is all one piece. I like this card...I don't own this punch though, and I don't plan to buy it.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...