Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 8, 2011

Today would have been Elvis' 76th birthday...I can't imagine him as an older man, but I'm sure if he had lived he'd still be singing - probably gospel. This is also the birthday of my friend, Wendy. She, too, is very musical - do you suppose it has anything to do with being born on January 8th? Wendy sings, plays the cello, plays bells at church, and can really rock the piano!

I went to Juliene's to stamp this morning. We made three Valentine's cards and one sympathy card. Here is the first card we made. Everything on these cards is from Stampin' Up. This one uses a technique similar to iris folding, only we just used strips of SU card stock. I think this would be fun if we had used ribbon instead of strips of paper, too. Actually this card is about 4.25 inches square, so it's a small card. I really like it...I'm sure it will go to one of my grandchildren for Valentine's Day.
I'll show you the other cards later. We got more pictures from Ann today, but they're really pretty boring - mostly pictures of what all is in cupboards and drawers in the kitchen and bathroom. It's nice to know that we have towels and lots of kitchen items. We shouldn't have to take much with us from here! Bob said they got the roof sealed today. When I asked him if it worked, he said it's supposed to rain the middle of next week so we'll know then! He thinks they got everything covered. When we get down there, they'll probably put a second coat on to make sure.

I just found out that the Congresswoman Giffords from Arizona (who got shot today) is a sister of one of our football players from 1979-1982, Alex Giffords. Alex was a placekicker for us and was from Mexico. He had a very pronounced accent and spoke English as a second language. She, however, has to be a native or she couldn't be in the Congress (I think). Hmmm....I'm pondering...

More later... PS - For those of you in warmer climates, it's 0 degrees right now with a low of -10 expected tonight...and that's NOT wind chill!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...