Friday, January 7, 2011

Brrrr....

Man, was it ever cold here today. Most of the day the wind blew from the NW and blew so hard that our flags were standing straight out! You don't suppose that maybe they are frozen that way, do you? It snowed last night and this morning our world looked like a winter wonderland...until the wind came up! Then it looked like blizzard weather! Yuck!! I made up a new poem - Snow, snow, go away. Come again when WE'RE away!!

Dave stayed here much of the day today, so we took this opportunity to clean house...double yuck! I don't think I'm going to like doing this myself - I liked it much better having a housekeeper!

Last night, we stayed in and watched a movie - "Alice in Wonderland" with Johnny Depp. I know I've said it before, but he's just something else! He plays the Mad Hatter and he does a wonderful job. He didn't look anything like himself - again the makeup and costumes were wonderful, as were the special effects. I've got to get the book because I don't know the story of Alice, other than she fell down a rabbit hole and encountered talking animals on her stay. After watching the movie, I want to read the book so I can tell what they were saying. A lot of the dialogue was jibberish - especially with TweedleDee and TweedleDum. Fun movie!

Tonight we watched "Meet the Parents" the first in the Meet the Fockers series. Hopefully tomorrow night we'll watch "Meet the Fockers". I thought MTP was a cute movie, but kind of dumb. I hope MTF is better!

We got the title for our mobile home today, so I guess it's official!! We own a home in Clearwater! Unfortunately, Bob & Ron discovered a leak in our roof and the plan is to fix it tomorrow. When I talked to Bob today, he was keeping score at a shuffleboard tournament! He said he had on shorts and a sweatshirt.

Tomorrow, I go to Juliene's to stamp. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...