Thursday, January 13, 2011

Friday the 14th of January

As I sit here watching Terry Branstad's inauguration, I'm pondering a lot of things. Why would someone who's been out of politics for several years want to get back into politics? I'm also watching his wife's face and wondering what she's thinking. I'm also wondering why the Lt. Governor elect chose to wear a slacks suit to the inauguration. Hmmm...

This was a day of ponderings. I was actually very creative this morning. I made 18 cards. Sure they're basically all the same,just different colors. They do take time to do, regardless of whether or not they're the same pattern. I figure I'm going to give 6 cards and envelopes in a bundle to each officer, so I've got 3 sets done! I hate to think how many more I have to do! Tomorrow's another day, so I'll try to get 18 more done!

Dave and I went to Hospice this afternoon to visit one of the men from our church. The new Hospice facility is a wonderful place for families to await the transition of their loved ones. Bill is now in a deep sleep and has been for a couple of days, so he didn't talk to us. Hopefully, though, he knew we were there and knows that we valued his friendship. We did get to have a good visit with his wife, daughter, and granddaughters. He's surrounded by very caring women! Our thoughts and prayers are with them all.

When we got home, both of us took naps and then we got busy on honey-dos. I received my Crosley turntable/recorder today, so we got it set up and running. I even recorded a complete album tonight - Gene Pitney's Big 16. Now that I have those songs on an SD card, hopefully I can get them onto my IPod. This is a lot of technology, so who knows if it will all work! Keep your fingers crossed.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...