Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday, Jan. 21st

When we woke up this morning the temperature was somewhere around -6 with a wind chill of -20+. In my way of thinking, once it gets below zero it's cold - it doesn't matter how far below zero it is! International Falls had a real temperature of -45 this morning. I guess it helps to live farther south!! Just 3 more days of this. Hopefully we don't take any of this cold into Florida with us! It snowed most of today here - it wasn't a lot of snow, but it did snow nevertheless!

I had a PEO meeting this morning, so I got up way early and took Dave down to church about 7:30. That way, I had the truck for my meeting. We had 18 brave souls at the meeting - about 5 or 6 are already in the warmth of either Texas, Arizona, or Florida. I'll miss both of the February meetings but will be back for the March meeting which is election of officers! I'm looking forward to that! Today's meeting went well, though. I gave a program where I pretended to be the spirits of our Founders. It was really interesting - you could have heard a pin drop while I was reading about their lives!

Tonight I've been working on the Alaska trip. We've been talking to sisters and cousins and hopefully are getting some things resolved. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...