Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm Impressed

I am very impressed with President Obama and his speech at the service honoring those who were shot in Tucson. I don't know if he writes his own speeches, or if someone does it for him, but whatever - he is good! It was a very moving, very heartfelt. I watched to see if I could see Gabby Giffords' brother, Alex. I haven't seen him since 1982 and he's probably changed a great deal since then.

I fixed cornbread for lunch today. I love cornbread!! I also fixed a macaroni and chicken casserole which tasted pretty darn good. Dave didn't come home for lunch until almost 1:00, so by the time he got here, the cornbread was cold. I had left the casserole in the oven, so it was still hot at least. Tonight, he didn't come in from blowing snow until about 6:15, so I was ready for supper by the time he got here. I'll be glad to go back to Florida - he won't be working so hard! He had 8 people at the Habitat house this morning and 7 this afternoon, so they got the entire inside of the house painted. Tomorrow they're going to put the kitchen cabinets in, which will free up some room in our outside garage!

Today I arranged for cable service at the new house and also arranged for a roof inspection for the insurance company. It's pretty hard doing all of this from a long distance. I'm sure it would be easier if we were down there. Bob asked me today how I liked being a landlord...I don't think too much of it! I'd like it better if they weren't there!! Bob was going to replace bulbs under the kitchen cabinets to see if that would fix the lights, which will make the renter-lady happy!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...