Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow, Snow, Go Away!

This is a picture that I took out my office window yesterday. Mr. Squirrel was trying to tell me that his feeder was empty...there must have been a sunflower seed under this end of the feeder, between the feeder and the branch. He kept sticking his little head down there trying to get to it! When Dave came home, he filled the feeder so Mr. Squirrel can now be happy!!
Unfortunately, today when I got up and looked out, Mr. Squirrel's feeder was completely filled with snow!! We've had about 7" of new snow between last night and today...and now, it's blowing from the NW. That means our driveway will be closed in by morning. Dave has already blown it out twice today, but obviously at least one more timeWhen I took this picture this morning, it was still snowing, but you can see how deep it is by the edge formed from the snowblower! As I'm writing this, it's 72 in Fort Lauderdale and 52 in Clearwater...it's 9 degrees here with strong NW winds!! Not fun - I'm sure we have dangerous wind chills tonight!

I gave blood this afternoon and then tonight I had a Personnel Committee meeting at church. I actually got to drive both times today! It was fun getting to drive in the snow - even if the truck has 4-wheel drive. I thought about turning it to 2-wheel drive and doing some donuts, but decided I probably shouldn't during the day!

More later...

2 comments:

  1. I was, Amanda. I love driving in snow! I don't like driving on ice, but snow I can handle! It's hard to slide much when you're in a 4-wheel drive pickup!!

    ReplyDelete

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...