Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday Happenings

I had a lot of fun watching the squirrels today. A couple of days ago, Dave built a little A-frame feeding station for the squirrels and today we were having "confrontations" between squirrels for the sunflower seeds! We also had an immature squirrel visit the feeder. He wasn't nearly as brave as the big ones!!

We got some new pictures of "the ranch" last night. Bob & Ann took pictures yesterday and sent them to us. This first picture is of some of the furniture in the screened-in lanai. We didn't remember that the floor of the lanai was tiled. Also, the entrance door is just to the left of this settee. The shed with the washer/dryer is just to the right of it. This is a picture taken in the master bedroom. Bob said there's a ceiling fan that has "droopy" blades. He wondered if you could just turn the blades over for a quick fix. I'm glad to see that the walls are green - I was afraid they were yellow, and I'm really not into yellow! There's a dresser/armoire at the end of the bed where we'll put the tv set from the living room. As you can see in the next picture, the tv is veery small, so we'll probably get a bigger one for in the living room...maybe not this year, but next year for sure!
As for the living room. I'm glad the light wallpaper with little blue flowers is gone...however, this wallpaper is a little too frufru for me! I think I can live with it for a while, but removing the wallpaper will go on Dave's honey-do list!! The floors in the bedroom, kitchen, and living room are all hardwood (or laminate) - either one is great! Removing carpet was at the top of Dave's honey-do list - he lucked out! The only carpet is in the extra room - yay!!
I went out to CJ Banks today to return a Christmas gift. I got lucky and found a couple of shirts, as well as two pairs of slacks. I also was able to get my calendar information all transferred, as well as getting my personal calendar updated! We went to the bank and wired the money for the new house and we've called the insurance company to transfer the insurance. Tomorrow we'll have to work on utilities as well. Tomorrow I've also got a dental appointment and sorority tomorrow night. Busy day for me! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...