Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday, Jan. 19

Today is one of my best bud's birthday...he turned 62 today. I called Joel to wish him a happy day and got to talk to both he and Cindy. In fact, I even got to talk to their youngest son, Tyler. When I talk to them, I feel like I'm next door to them again. Tyler wanted to tell me that he is moving to Denver to be with his girlfriend. He said there would probably be a wedding in late summer. I'm up for another Kruckenberg wedding!! It was really fun talking to them all.

I made 24 cards today, so I think I've got enough for all of my officers now. I even made a good attempt at cleaning up my work area hoping that I'm done!

We are still praying for our friend who's in the ICU at Ottumwa Regional. He went into congestive heart failure sometime in the night and now he's on some opiates to try to get him relaxed enough that he can breathe. Actually I just got an email that he was transferred to Iowa City - it seems his white count is extremely high. If you have a minute, please say an extra prayer for Barry. He's a really good guy who is gravely ill.

I've been listening to the ISU-Oklahoma State game tonight. We just got beat in overtime - rats! We played so hard, but made a couple of crucial errors at the end of the game to let them tie us. They had the momentum going into OT, and made some really good shots to win it.

Tomorrow morning we go to Bill's funeral at our church. Then tomorrow night, if I decide to go out in the cold, I have my photography class/group downtown. I'll tell you, I'm perfectly happy staying inside where it's warm. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...