Monday, January 17, 2011

Writing Assessment

Today I volunteered to do writing assessment for 10th graders in the Ottumwa High School. I've done this for about 5 years now and I thought today's papers were the best I've seen. I had far more 4's and 5's on the papers I read (5 being the best). In fact, I jokingly said that I only wanted papers that were 5's. The very first one I read, I gave all 5's to. I think it might have been the best paper I've read in my 5 years of doing this. We assess the writing based on the 6 traits of writing as taught to the students. This morning was spent going over the 6 traits and then assessing sample papers. Since school was called off because of the weather, we had lots of people helping so we actually got out at 3:15 instead of 4:00!! It was still a long day, though.

I talked to my brother today. He said that our roof in Florida was getting a good test today! It was pouring in Clearwater. In fact, they had 3.8" of rain in a short time. After it quit raining, Bob went down to check the roof and declared it dry! He does think we should put another coat on the roof when we get down there, so Dave's already got his first honey-do project!!

Tonight Dave had a Habitat meeting and I've been recording more music. Tonight's music has been from a 5 album set of the best of 1962! It's been lots of fun listening to this set of music! I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes when I'm listening to music from my youth, I can almost see what I was doing, feeling, and even smelling when a certain song comes on. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...