Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday, March 5th

Am I ever glad that I had something to do today, because it was a yucky day weather-wise! Unfortunately two of the things I had to do involved me going outside to get there! This morning, I went stamping from 9-noon in the conference room at the library. We made 5 cards - all of which are really nice. Here are three of them: This first one is made to fit in a regular business envelope, which I especially like. Sometimes I don't have any of the envelopes that are 5 1/2 x 4 3/8, so this will be great! Most of the people got a poppy red background, but mine was blue. I teased Kathy that she did that on purpose...I'm always telling her I don't like blue! Regardless, this card turned out really nice. I ordered the scalloped punch - I've been wanting one of them for a long time!
All of these cards were made with Stampin' Up paper, cardstock
, ink, stamps, ribbons, and embellishments. This card is going to be for my mother-in-law. Her birthday is March 17th! So instead of putting Happy St Patrick's Day on the inside of the card, I'll put Happy Birthday! The shamrock was made by putting 4 little hearts together - clever!


I think this card will be a great masculine birthday card. It's just very masculine looking to me. Maybe it's the mixture of navy and burgundy on a white background. Anyway, it uses paper that was embossed with my new favorite embossing folder, also from SU!

After stamping, I went over to church where they were having a craft/bake sale/bazaar. We have one lady in our church who makes to-die-for cinnamon rolls, so I was able to buy 8 of them. I also got a pint of home canned salsa and a couple of crocheted dishrags. When I got home, Dave had left me a message that he had bought cinnamon rolls too! Great minds....!

Tomorrow we are going to church and then Kyle and Cassie are coming over for pot roast. I know Kyle appreciates a home-cooked meal. He said he'd been cooking bacon ever since he's been at Bob & Ann's - that was all he could find in their freezer!! He's so funny! He and Cassie rented a duplex today in Prairie City. This way he'll have about a 45 minute drive to work and she'll have about 40 minutes. I didn't ask if they could have pets or not - he and his roommate from college co-own a pit bull that looks more like a boxer with a tail! I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...