Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Ponderings

We had a baptism today at church - a little boy named Hayzen. He was so cute in his little tennies and his sweater vest. Unfortunately, he slept all the way through his baptism and his trip up and down the aisle so he could meet the church congregation! It was also pre-school Sunday at church, which means that our pews were full! I think that's the answer to low attendance in churches - have the little kids perform every Sunday. You then get parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts & uncles too!

After church, I went to Sunday School where we're going to be studying the parables in the Bible. Today's parable was about the rich man and Lazarus. I don't know which parable Pastor David will pick for next week. Regardless, it'll be interesting! After Sunday School, I hurried home because we'd invited Kyle and Cassie over for Sunday dinner. They seemed to enjoy being here...they left about 2:50 when I had to go back to church because of a class that I'd signed up for. This Bible study class is about Jonah and about interrupted lives. Life interruptions are actually divine interventions and are a privilege - this is the theme of the study. I think it will be a fun study!

By the time I got home, it was almost 5:00! I missed the majority of the NASCAR race, but I did get home for the last 50 or so laps.

I haven't been sleeping well, so I think I'm going to bed early tonight. Before I go, though, I wanted to share a couple more cards we made yesterday. This first one is my favorite of all of them. I love the colors AND the technique. Again all papers, inks, etc., are from Stampin' Up.



I really like the green ribbon and the brad is a rhinestone, but it doesn't show up well in the scan. Sorry. The second card is another one that I really like. This little girl stamp could be so versatile - I may have to consider getting it one day. This ribbon is the new seam binding that Stampin' Up came out with a couple of months ago. I ordered some of this in cherry cobbler red, which is one of my favorite SU colors ever!

The inside of this card is supposed to say, Happy Spring or something to that effect, but I'll probably use it as a get-well card!

That's all for now - more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...