Saturday, April 30, 2011

Beautiful Saturday!

I couldn't believe how gorgeous today was! I got up, put on jeans and a long-sleeved shirt (based on the weather forecast) and was pleasantly surprised!! I picked up Ann and we went to get some plants. We first hit the Laureate Guild plant sale where I got a couple of cone flowers, a beautiful red begonia, and some tomato plants. Then we went to the April Madness sale at HyVee Drug...madness is right! We waited for several minutes just trying to get into the parking lot. Then we lucked out finding a parking place! Ann found a shopping cart, but I didn't...so I put my flowers in her little cart! It's a good thing we didn't get much there! I was supposed to buy top soil, but they were already out of it.

After flower shopping, we went over to the new craft/hobby store on Church Street just to check it out. Actually I wanted a Scor-Buddy, but she didn't have one. She had the Martha Stewart version, but it's for 12x12 paper and I want a little one for cards. I guess I'll just have to order one online! I've tried Michaels, JoAnns and Hobby Lobby and haven't found one yet! The Craft & Hobby Connection has lots of stamps. It's a cute shop and has a big inventory for a little shop!

Tomorrow is church and then Bob & Ann and us are going to the Libertyville Methodist Church for Sunday dinner! They're having their annual pork loin and chicken breast dinner...I sure hope I get a piece of Marilyn's chocolate pie!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...