Monday, May 2, 2011

Great Sunday!

I don't know what happened to my post from last evening, but for some reason it is gone! So, I'll try to remember what I wrote about. I'm sure I told you about Pastor David's sermon - he "starred" in a drama about the Good Samaritan. He was the priest who walked by the injured neighbor. My Dave was actually the Good Samaritan. I really like the dramas...they bring the Bible stories to life for me. You should see the kids' faces when he does something like this. I'm sure they won't forget the story of the Good Samaritan any time soon.

After church, we picked up Bob & Ann and went to the Libertyville church for their annual pork loin and chicken dinner. I was watching the pieces of meat as they took them out of the roaster and decided that I wanted pork. I thought Ann had gotten pork and her piece of meat looked scrumptious! Well, the pork WAS wonderful...only Ann had chicken! They also served green beans that tasted like they were fresh from the garden, as well as either a baked potato or cheesy potato casserole, rolls and dessert! The dessert table was really hard for us...they all looked so good. Dave got rhubarb pie, Ann took what I call Chocolate Dream dessert, Bob took a banana cream pie with a fabulous crust, and I took a piece of my ex-sister-in-law's custard pie. It was awesome. Fortunately we only took one dessert. There were desserts that looked so good - like lemon meringue pie, cherry pie, maple nut angel food cake! It was fun. We also got to see a bunch of people we don't see much of any more.

After lunch and a short rest, I had Bible study at church and Dave worked outside. He painted RoundUp all around my peonies, put some weed killer in my perennial beds, and even mowed. He's been having a good time outside - puttering in his garage, cleaning out things he doesn't use any more, and even painting his work bench and cabinets. It was a good day for both of us!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...