Sunday, April 3, 2011

We're Back!!

Imagine our surprise when Captain John, our pilot, told us it was 72 degrees in Des Moines when we were about to land!! By the time we got done with lunch and got close to O-town, the temperature was reading 86 in our car!! It was a gorgeous day. It made it a little easier to leave Clearwater where, other than Thursday, the weather was perfect! Thursday, however, was another story entirely!! We had tornadoes that did lots of damage about 5 miles away from our park...and us in a "tin can"!! The four of us - Bob, Ann, Dave and I sat out the tornadoes (for about an hour!) in the men's restroom at the club house!!! We got 5.25" of rain in about 15 hours! I'll post some pictures of the drainage ditch near our home. It was actually overflowing - it was raining that hard!!

Tonight, however, I'm tired and I'm going to bed!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...