Sunday, May 15, 2011

Another super Sunday!

I really love Sundays! I know I haven't always loved Sundays because following Sundays are Mondays...but now that I'm not working, I LOVE Sundays!! This morning, our choir got applause!! We sang, I'm Gonna Sing When the Spirit Says Sing, and the congregation must have loved it because they clapped. I can't wait until next week because if they liked this week's anthem, they're gonna love next week's! I'd love to have a packed church next week - it should be fun! Pastor David's sermon today was about the Beatitudes, but he presented them visually, which he does such a fantastic job of!!

After church Dave helped me get our St, James baked beans ready for this evening's choir potluck. These beans are Dear Abby's recipe and boy are they good. I'm not a baked bean fan, but these were delicious, even if I do say so myself! Their "secret" ingredient is sharp cheddar cheese! I will be making them again - they're very easy. Several people asked for the recipe so we told them to Google Dear Abby's baked beans!!

Our choir party was lots of fun! We had many of us there - Mark & Mary cooked burgers and brats and everyone else brought side dishes! Good food, good fellowship and good fun! Before we left, we gathered around their piano and sang I Saw the Light!! It was a great way to end an evening!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...