Monday, May 16, 2011

Patchy Frost Tonight!?!?

What's going on? I was brought up to believe that you could plant your tomatoes after May 15th because that was the last frost date in the spring. This is May 16th and they're saying patchy frost tonight. I sure hope I don't have to replant my tomatoes or replace my houseplants which are also outside! Dave covered the hanging planters, bless his heart!

Today was a sad day in O-town. One of our eye doctors died last night and word got around town today. He was a really nice guy. He will be missed. There were two other deaths today too, plus some ex-IHCC employees' baby was stilborn. Bad day. I know that there are lots of prayers being sent to God's ears tonight! RIP, Bob and Pino and the other two whose names I don't know.

I made a couple more cards today...one will go to Bob's wife and family. This is the sympathy card I made for Jane. It's much prettier in real life. The polka dot paper is from Die Cuts With a View and the pink paper is Stampin' Up. The lace is some scrap that was left over from some project I did a long time ago. The sentiment on the front says "from the heart". The sentiment and inks are from SU as well. The butterfly is from a DCWV paper and I used my new Cuttlebug die and embossing folder on it.
This is a birthday card. I got the paper in the scrapbook shop in Ft Lauderdale...it's another DCWV paper. The card itself is from SU, the butterfly is another DCWV paper and the lace is another scrap from my scrap stash!

I hope you like these cards. I woke up feeling very creative. I also was pretty ambitious. I cleaned house today because my sorority group will be here tomorrow night at 6:00 for the first stop in a progressive dinner! When Dave got home, he vacuumed and carried chairs for me. He's such a good hubby!!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...