Saturday, May 14, 2011

Yucky Saturday!

Today was cold and rainy - a good day to stay in and "play" with things, like cards and fabric! Last night when the pretty flower fell off of this card, I tried to think what I could replace it with. I found a fake flower - an hydrangea (I think) and pulled off one of the flowerlets. This is what I came up with:
I thought it looked a little stark, though, so my next step was to add some leaves to the flower. What do you think? I like it! I especially like the color of the flower...I've never seen an hydrangea this color, but so what? I'll call it artistic license! The cards look like they are different colors, but actually one picture is taken with a flash and the other one isn't!

I still had another one of the backgrounds made, so I got to looking through some of my craft "stuff" and found this satin flower and lace medallion. I think they made this card really pretty. I might see what happens if I add some drops of ink to the satin flower - see if I can get a pink flower!!
Which one do you like the best - the one yesterday, or one of these? I found some glue dots that I apparently was out of, so I think I can get the flower with pearls to stick with one of these dots.

I also got some fabric out today - decided to tackle one of my UFO's (unfinished objects). The pattern is An Unusual Feathered Star by Karen K Stone. It's rather complicated and uses something like 110 fabrics for a 35x35 foundation pieced quilt. Other than the pattern, there's only one piece of paper in the pattern...no instructions! This piece of paper refers to instructions but there aren't any. Now what do I do??? I'm going to send an email to Ms. Stone to see if there are any instructions and since this paper says (please refer to instructions before cutting), I'm hoping she'll help me out!! If she doesn't, I'll just punt (guess I worked in a football office too long!!)

Tomorrow is church and afternoon Bible study...then the choir is having our end-of-the-year cookout at 5:00. Busy day! I didn't go to Wilton today to watch Allison play ball...it was just too cold for me to want to sit out at ball games. They play tomorrow too, but I'm too busy to go. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...