Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday, May 13th

in-law's birthday. This would have been my late-sister-in-law's birthday - yesterday was her grand-daughter's 9th birthday! I miss Bonnie...she and I used to sit out on the porch when they were here and we'd talk forever. The guys would come in and turn on the light - we'd been talking so long and hard that we didn't realize it had gotten dark!

Today I went to Mt. Pleasant to see my Aunt who is in a nursing home there. I feel really bad for her. She lived on her own for so long and she was really quite active. Now she just sits in a chair. She did walk to the bathroom with the aid of a walker, but she also needed lots of help to get out of her chair. I don't know that she could get up on her own. She's 92 though, so I guess she has earned the right to sit for a while! She has bird feeders outside her window (all the rooms do) and while I was there she had 3-4 gold finches on her feeder AND a woodpecker! If they would turn her chair a little, she'd enjoy watching them. The feeder is about 6 inches from her window, so she can get an up-close-and-personal look at the birdies!!

After visiting with Auntie Mae, I went to Fairfield to have lunch with Sudi and Howard. Tomorrow is Sudi's birthday and I wanted to take her out to lunch. We went to Johnny's Place on the square. It was the first time we'd been there, and it may very well be the last. It wasn't anything special! In my haste to get to Mt. P this morning I forgot Sudi's card, so now I've got to mail it and she won't get it until Monday. Sorry, Sudi! Speaking of cards:


I've been working on this card in my mind for a long time. Unfortunately, it was not any easier to do in real life than it was in my brain!! I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to dry emboss the top layer and a Versamark pad with gold embossing powder to highlight the writing. I used the lightest touch I could possibly use, but I still got Versamark in between the lines. I don't know how else to do this. I guess I need help!! As for the flower, I took a white flower and used a Pretty in Pink ink refill to color it. The butterfly is made with a Cuttlebug die and embossing folder. The pearls on the butterfly, as well as the papers are all Stampin' Up. I love trying new techniques, even if they don't turn out quite like I wanted them to. Shortly after I took this picture, the flower fell off, so I have to try something else. I'll have time to work on it tomorrow! Dave's going to work Habitat and I'm going to play all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...