Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

This morning I was able to hear bagpipes and the band from the cemetery through the open windows! That was pretty cool! Dave started removing wallpaper...it isn't coming off in large pieces like it's supposed to! I took off the electrical covers and he took down the mirrors and the lights on either side of the mirrors. We decided it was time to update our bathroom with new mirrors and lights. However, now that we've got the electricity shut off to the vanity lights, we found out that almost the entire upstairs is on one circuit!! AND, most of the wiring is the old paper and string wires - yep, we're going to have to call an electrician! We'll probably replace most of the wiring in the house - maybe a room or two at a time. This little painting project is turning into a big expense! I guess that happens when you own an old house!

While Dave was doing the wallpaper, I went outside and mowed! I liked being outside today...the wind was blowing and the sun was shining! Beautiful day outside!! We went out to Menards to look at lights and mirrors, but until we get an electrician's opinion, we can't decide what we're going to do for lights. I would like to have about 3 lights above the mirrors, but that's going to require holes in the wall and moving the wires! I guess we should have just been happy with the wallpaper!

I haven't felt very well today. I've had a stomach ache all day...I've even taken Pepto AND Rolaids...and I've eaten very little. Hope it's better tomorrow! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...