Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday, May 23rd

It was another beautiful day today! I love this kind of weather. Any time I don't have to have either the furnace or the air conditioner running is perfect! Plus, the sun was shining brightly!!

I thought I'd show you a couple of the cards we made yesterday at stamping class. All products are from Stampin' Up! This first one is a type of easel card (in other words, it stands up like it's on an easel). It's made from a Sizzix die that SU sells. There are these two sizes of butterflies on the die as well as another larger one. I ordered this die...I'm into butterflies right now, did you notice? This is a small card - probably about 2.5x2.5 and could be used as a place card or a name tag also. I can also see two of these attached to a regular sized card. One of the ladies suggested using one of these AND one flat butterfly on a card front - cool!This card is also made out of all SU products. It was colored with SU watercolor pencils and then highlighted with SU blender pens. The blender pens from SU may be one of my top 2-3 products in my studio. I love the look they give to watercolor pencils! Kathy taught us how to make a perfect bow too. Unfortunately mine is a little un-perfect!
I really like this card. I think it's very pretty. Tomorow I'll post another couple of cards we made.

Today I went to church to help make backpacks to put books in. I worked for 3 hours and there's still TONS to do. There are so many steps to making these bags that it is very time-consuming. We've got about 30-40 of the packs cut out, but by the time we got to time for sewing, we were all getting worn out and going home, one by one! I came home about 1:00 because Dave and I had made plans to go to Cantril to the Dutchman's Store. We went down to Cantril to get some groceries and just to be together. It was lots of fun!!

DWTS was great tonight. I'm afraid Kirstie is going to be the first one eliminated tomorrow night. She and Max have done a wonderful job, but she's just not as talented as Hines and Chelsea. I voted for Hines, but I'm pretty sure Chelsea will win. I think Hines is wonderful and because he's a professional football player and not an actress (who's 22), I think he deserves the trophy more! We'll know tomorrow! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...