Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wow!!

Our Worship in Music Sunday was spectacular!! We sang all of our songs with barely a mistake - it was so much fun! The only bad thing about it all was that sweat was dripping down my face the whole time! I sure wish we had ceiling fans in church! We cook up front while people on the outside aisles are freezing. That's where the air conditioning ducts are - silly people! They should move to the inside aisle where it's warmer - but then they wouldn't have the heat/cool to complain about! Remind me of this post when I'm several years older and have hopefully cooled down!!

I also went to stamping this afternoon. We made 5 cards - all of which are cool. I'll try to get some pictures taken so I can post them...hopefully tomorrow. Tomorrow, however, is a busy one. Our church has decided to undertake a mission of sewing small backpacks and putting books in them for children who can't afford books. Then to take this mission one step farther, we're also going to be reading to them starting June 1st. Most of these children come from non-English speaking homes, so we'll be helping them read AND we're going to sing Bible school songs, etc. Should be fun. We're doing an assembly-line sewing book bags tomorrow at church. So I'll be taking my Janome to church, along with some cutting boards, utensils, etc. I don't know how long we're going to work...just as long as my back holds up, probably!

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...