Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday May 21st

This morning started out kind of rainy and drizzly, so I figured Allison's games would be cancelled. I knew I didn't have to leave here until 9:30, so I took my time getting around this morning. I came downstairs at 9:28 ready to leave, but noticed I'd missed a call from Vicki on my cell phone. She called at 9:24 to tell me that the games had been moved up and the first one was starting soon. I called her back to confirm what she'd said (cause she was talking waaaay too fast!) and she said the game was starting right then. So, I took off for Mt. Pleasant! I didn't really know where the ball park was, so I called Dave who called his friend in Mt. P...he gave me two possible locations! I couldn't find the first street I was supposed to find, so I went to the second location and that's where they were playing!! I'm glad I missed the first turnoff or I'd have missed the whole game! As it was I got there for the last inning and got to see victory #1. I guess Allison pitched, but because the game started early, she didn't get any warm-up time, so she didn't do her usual bang-up job. Therefore, she was kind of down on herself by the time I got there.

We played back-to-back games and I only had time to go get the chairs out of the trunk of the car. Usually I sit on the bleachers, but they were wooden and were WET! Since I had two chairs in my trunk, I brought both of them so that Marilyn didn't have to sit on the wet wood either! We won game #2 also! After game #2, I noticed that Fairfield and Ottumwa were playing against each other. I knew several of the girls on the O-town team (or their parents anyway) and upon closer inspection of the Fairfield team, I noticed two Allison girls. These girls would be my cousin's grand-daughters or my 4th cousins (or 1st cousins 3 times removed!) That was fun to watch!

Our third game didn't happen until about 2:30. Allison pitched against O-town. She started out kind of slow...she had no speed on her pitches. She got rocked for 4 runs in the first inning, but our girls came back with 4 runs in the bottom of the first. She pitched a little better in the second inning, but because of poor fielding and stolen bases, they scored 3 more! Luckily, so did we in the bottom of the inning! There was a one-hour time limit on the games today so we had to play another inning just to break the tie. This time, Allison pitched pretty well, but one little O-town girl hit a grounder just past Allison and she made it into a home run just because our girls couldn't catch the ball so they tried to throw her out at each base, but each time the person on the base couldn't catch the ball, so the runner stole another base! It was a comedy of errors!! Allison got the rest of the batters out. Now we're up and HAVE to have 2 runs!! We got the bases loaded and scored one run - no outs - and Allison is up to bat. She gets a full count on her when the O-town coach said Allison was batting out of order. So she had to go back to the dugout and the other Allison batted. She got a hit which scored the second runner and we got victory #3! Unfortunately our Allison thought it was her fault that she was out of order so she had tears. We had batted in this same order for all of our innings - the O-town coach just chose that time to figure it out! Regardless, it turned out to be a beautiful day at the ball park! I got some sun and the girls got 3 victories. I assume they'll play the Fairfield team tomorrow, but I won't be there. I've got Worship in Music Sunday at church and stamping at 1:00!

Busy weekend!! More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 My blog has been hacked so I am suspending blogging for the immediate future.  Sorry!  More later...